What Causes Smiles to Become Discolored?
Smile discoloration can be caused by a range of things, including:
- Diet. Foods and drinks such as coffee, tea, sodas, wine, and even starchy foods like pasta, rice and potatoes can cause discoloration.
- Tobacco use. Smoking, chewing or dipping tobacco can stain teeth.
- Poor dental hygiene. If you’re skipping brushing, flossing or using a WaterPik, plaque and food stains can build up.
- Some illnesses. Some conditions can prevent the development of tooth enamel and cause tooth discoloration. Some medical treatments, including radiation and chemotherapy, can cause tooth discoloration.
- Medications. Certain medications can cause tooth enamel to become discolored, including antibiotics like tetracycline and doxycycline, which can affect enamel formation in children under the age of 8. Some antihistamines, antipsychotic drugs and antihypertensive medications also can affect tooth enamel.
- Aging. As we age, the outer layer of enamel wears away, exposing the yellow dentin below, which makes your smile appear darker.
Why Whiten Your Smile
There are several benefits to whitening your smile, including:
1. Improving Your Appearance. As we just said, your smile is one of the first things people notice when you meet them. Straight, white teeth are attractive – according to the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, 96 percent of adults believe that a beautiful smile is more appealing to the opposite sex. More than 70 percent of adults feel an unattractive smile can hurt their chances at a successful career.
So when your smile is not white, it may convey something about you that isn’t true: that your smile is unhealthy or that you have poor oral hygiene practices. If you whiten your teeth, you could have more confidence and have a better quality of life.
2. Boosting Your Confidence. Do you shy away from social situations or having your picture taken? If you’re not feeling confident in your smile, tooth whitening can help by making it look better and brighter, which will, in turn, improve your confidence. You’ll instantly notice the change in your smile and, whether you’re at work, meeting friends or going on a date, your bright white smile will be hard to miss.
3. Giving You Noninvasive Results. Teeth whitening is an excellent cosmetic dental option because it is affordable, fast and noninvasive. It’s also long lasting, and you’ll see results immediately.
WHAT IS ZOOM WHITENING?
Teeth whitening with ZOOM is one of the most economical, most effective ways to brighten up your smile. If you have yellow or stained teeth, as most people will have in their lifetime, zoom whitening is a fantastic way to get your pearly whites back.
Zoom whitening is a widely used bleaching process that lightens discoloration of your enamel and dentin. Zoom whitening is popular because it can significantly improve the appearance of your teeth.
ZOOM WHITENING PROCEDURE: HOW IT WORKS
The Zoom whitening procedure typically takes less than an hour to undergo. We recommend a teeth cleaning before getting your teeth whitened. The first thing we do is to cover your lips and gums, which will expose your teeth for the procedure. South Gables Dental will then apply the Zoom whitening gel (made of hydrogen peroxide). After we cover your teeth with the whitening gel, we use the special Zoom whitening light that works with the gel to penetrate your teeth’ surface and break up any stains and discoloration you may have. This process typically takes about 15 minutes.
This process is repeated 3 times, each lasting 15 minutes, for a total treatment time of 45 minutes.
After the process is complete, your teeth will be white and beautiful! Rapha Dental not only prides itself on improving your oral health but also to improve your mouth cosmetically. To schedule a whitening session in our Rapha Dental, call us at the number below or click “make an appointment” below. We look forward to seeing you and making your smile shine!
SEE A TOP TEETH WHITENING DENTIST IN Rapha Dental
Are you in need of a ZOOM teeth whitening dentist near Maple Shade, New Jersey or the surrounding areas? We can help. We offer top ZOOM whitening services near you. Click below to schedule an appointment
We are conveniently located in Cinnaminson, NJ:
700 Route 130 N Suite 204
Cinnaminson, NJ 08077
5 Reasons To Choose Rapha Dental:
- 10+ years dental expertise
- State of the art technology
- 5 star ratings
- Friendly, experienced staff
Click Here to schedule an appointment. We hope to serve you soon!