Have you ever worried about how your teeth look and wanted to get some correction? Two popular options for aligning teeth are braces and Invisalign teeth aligners. Both children and adults may be dissatisfied with crooked teeth and may seek out ways to get them corrected. This post will help you weigh each choice’s pros and cons to help you select the most suitable option for you.
Braces are standard orthodontic devices used to help align your teeth. They gently push your teeth so that they align and straighten out. The practice relies on attaching brackets to individual teeth and threading those braces with a wire. Generally advised for kids, adults can also get braces depending on the need for adjustment.
Types of braces:
The idea of braces usually causes many concerns among children and adults alike because braces are believed to be too obvious. People don’t like that their appearance will be affected negatively. However, there have been some innovations in what braces can be like.
The metal braces are the least expensive kind. They come in different colors and are attached with metal wires. This is popular among children as it allows them to express themselves by picking their favorite color.
There are ceramic braces available too, which are made of a material that is the same color as your teeth. They are more popular among adults and teens.
This is a clear teeth bracket that helps in allowing your teeth to align. It is designed to suit your own set of teeth and can show quick results if worn consistently.
Pros and Cons of Braces
The following are some pros of getting braces:
- You don’t have to worry about taking them off.
- They are suitable for people from all age groups.
- There is a variety to pick from.
These are some cons of getting braces
- Brushing your teeth and the braces can be tricky.
- Braces can cause pain to some people.
- Your appearance is affected.
- You have to avoid certain foods to prevent damage to the braces.
Pros and Cons of Invisalign
The following are advantages of choosing Invisalign:
- It does not affect your appearance and is a see-through bracket.
- You can take it off and wear it back on easily.
- You don’t have to worry about your dental hygiene because you can easily clean your teeth and the bracket.
- You don’t have to avoid any specific foods.
The disadvantages of choosing Invisalign:
- You have to take it off during meals which some people find hard to do in public.
- You have to consistently wear it for at least 22 hours a day to get the desired results.
To get an expert opinion on which option is most suitable for your dental needs, get in touch with Rapha Dental Clinic. We offer family cosmetic dentistry New Jersey and affordable dentures NJ among a list of other dental services.