GET THE CARE YOU NEED
EMERGENCY DENTIST NEAR PALMYRA NJ
Whether you’ve experienced an oral injury, you have a serious toothache, or you’ve pulled out a piece of dental work, you need to get emergency care in Palmyra NJ right away. At Rapha Dental, Dr. Huh provides same-day care for patients in Palmyra, Cinnaminson, Riverton and more. Contact us now to let us know that you’re coming in, and get the emergency care you need right away.
GET IMMEDIATE HELP
When you have an oral injury or another dental emergency, getting immediate care is absolutely essential. Same-day care ensures that you get relief from pain and discomfort, and minimizes the risk of further complications. That’s why we offer same-day appointments for our patients at Rapha Dental. If you are experiencing a dental emergency, we ask that you give us a call at (856) 829-8668 before you arrive so we can prepare for your visit. However, we also accept walk-in emergency appointments. If you’re unable to call, come into our office and we’ll treat you as soon as we can.
WHAT COUNTS AS AN EMERGENCY?
COMMON DENTAL EMERGENCIES
The most obvious category of dental emergencies are trauma-related injuries. Issues like cracked, chipped, damaged, loose, and knocked-out teeth are all emergencies. Serious oral lacerations (cuts) to the tongue, lips, gums and cheeks may also qualify as a dental emergency.
Pulled-out dental work is another common emergency. If you lose a filling or a crown, your enamel may be exposed to oral bacteria, and could begin to decay if you do not get your dental work replaced right away.
A serious toothache is also a cause for concern. If your toothache lasts 2-3 days or longer, you may have an infected tooth, indicating that you will need a root canal to save your tooth.
Still not sure if you’re having an emergency? We consider a dental emergency to be any condition that is causing you pain, discomfort or bleeding, and that you cannot treat on your own. If your issue meets these criteria, schedule an emergency appointment at Rapha Dental immediately.
RESTORING DAMAGED TEETH
ANTERIOR & POSTERIOR ROOT CANAL THERAPY
Root canal therapy is usually required to save teeth which have been compromised by decay, or that have been cracked or damaged. Oral injuries and tooth decay can destroy the enamel, resulting in the infection of the interior “pulp” which supports your tooth.
Dr. Huh is experienced in root canal therapy, and can perform root canals on both anterior (front) and posterior (rear) teeth. He will create a small opening in the tooth, remove the decayed and infected material, and clean and fill the tooth. Then, your tooth will be capped with a crown to protect it from further damage.
WHAT SHOULD I DO
IN A DENTAL EMERGENCY?
- Call Rapha Dental, Emergency Dentist near Palmyra NJ, for an emergency appointment as soon as you notice the issue. Getting immediate care is the best way to save your tooth, time, and money. If you have had a tooth knocked out, it is critical to get treatment within 1-2 hours.
- Give us a call to let us know that you will be coming in. Next, recover your tooth or dental work.
- A knocked-out tooth should be grasped by the crown (top) and gently rinsed under warm water, if necessary. Try to gently place it back into its socket or in a baggie of cold milk. Dental work can be put in a small plastic bag. Be sure to bring your tooth or dental work with you to our office.
- Before your appointment, you can take steps to treat bleeding, pain and swelling. Gauze and cotton balls will help soak up blood. Over-the-counter medicine like Tylenol (acetaminophen) and Motrin (ibuprofen) can help reduce pain. Ice packs can be applied externally to mitigate pain and swelling.
- Above all, make sure you come to our office for your appointment as soon as you can. The above steps are only intended to help with the symptoms of an oral injury or dental emergency. You need to get care from Dr. Ajay Amin to restore your tooth permanently, and get relief from your pain and discomfort.
AT RAPHA DENTAL
No matter your dental emergency, we can help. Rapha Dental is Emergency Dentist near Palmyra NJ. If you are nearby in Point Loma and are experiencing a dental emergency, call us right away at (856) 829-8668!